Facts about Cancer Essay
· Cancer is a disease where cells multiply without control and destroy healthy tissue.
· Cancer can endanger life and is the leading cause of death in many countries.
· About 100 kinds of cancer affect human beings. With other kinds affecting plants and animals.
· Cancer strikes people of all ages.
· It occurs in both Male and Female.
· Cancer can start anywhere in the body and spread.
· The most common parts where cancer occurs are the skin, the digestive organs, the lungs, the cervix (neck of the womb) and the female breasts.
· Things that incite cancer are the tar in tobacco, and some of the other chemicals in cigarettes, and certain kinds of radiation.
· Today about half …show more content…
· Is the most common cancer affecting women in affluent countries.
· The number of children and the diet are linked to breast cancer.
· Occurs mainly in industrial countries.
· Lack of fibre in diets has been linked to colo-rectal cancer.
CANCER OF THE CERVIX:
· Occurs mostly in countries where women live in poor conditions.
· Good diet and personal hygiene reduces incident of this disease.
· Most experts agree that people develop cancer mainly through repeated or prolonged contact with one or more cancer causing agents. Cancer is also hereditary.
· The cancer starts because of a mutation of the DNA (a blueprint of the cell). It may also occur with external agents such as ionizing radiation, cigarette smoke, certain viruses, and some chemicals.
· This does not lead to cancer but the damaged cells makes you even more susceptible to it.
· The three main groups that cause cancer are (1) various chemicals, (2) certain forms of radiation, and (3) viruses.
CANCER DETECTION AND DIAGNOSIS:
· Only doctors can diagnose cancer but in a lot of cases people go to doctors after the cancer has advanced. People should be alert to ant physical changes that may indicate cancer. Early detection greatly increases the chance of the cancer being