Best and Worst Characteristics of My Teachers Essay
1. Demonstrates Positive Attitude/Behavior: An example would be my first grade teacher. She always presented herself respectfully. She set a good example for all of her students and it influenced them to do the same.
2. Interesting Class/Material: My high school history teacher always kept things interesting. He never did the same thing every day and he rarely lectured us. One day he may have started a discussion and the next day he may have used media to give a more detailed description of the topic that we discussed the day before.
3. Sets High Expectations: My high school AP English teacher is a good example for this characteristic. She would not tell us that our work was great if …show more content…
3. Negative Attitude/Behavior: I had a teacher in high school that always appeared to have a negative attitude. I could always tell when this teacher was upset because it showed in how she acted throughout the whole day.
4. Unprofessional: I had a teacher who would use profanity and inappropriate language in the classroom.
5. Uses Lecture as Main Method of Instruction: In a science classroom one would expect to participate in more hands-on-activities. This wasn’t the case in my 7th grade science class. My teacher used lecture as her main method of instruction. If we weren’t listening to a lecture, we were copy notes off of the board. This made it harder to learn for the students, like me, who were not auditory learners.
There are many positive characteristics that I will model when I begin teaching. There are also many that I will avoid as an educator. I will begin with the five best characteristics that I will model in the classroom. First off, I believe that every educator should demonstrate a positive, professional attitude. It is very important that teachers demonstrate a positive attitude because they serve as a major role model for their students, as will I. If students witness a teacher behaving positively, it is highly possible that