Administrative Performance Evaluation of Wharton School Essay
• Interpreting job duties into specific goals and strategies
• Relating how the employee’s job responsibilities contributes to the overall effectiveness of the school and its mission statement.
• Delineating and prioritizing the job responsibilities, and the goals expected.
• Providing an opportunity to discuss issues with the Superintendent when assistance is needed
• Providing helpful and meaningful job performance feedback.
• Recognizing work achievements and strengths.
• Providing an opportunity for professional growth and self-improvement.
• Helping to determine a pay increase …show more content…
A copy of the state approved job description for a Principal was used in a brief format.
3. Does the performance appraisal system define performance expectations?
The evaluation form states the task but does not define the performance expectation.
4. Does the performance appraisal system evaluate objective, observable behaviors?
The evaluation form does not evaluate objective, observable behaviors. There is no mention of reports that show results or data collection to show improvement.
5. Does the performance appraisal system make use of multiple raters?
No. The Superintendent is the only rater for the Principal’s evaluation.
6. Does the performance appraisal system provide written instructions to raters regarding the use of the rating instrument?
Yes, but not in a thorough manner. The following are the written instructions from the evaluation form:
Area of outstanding achievement is to be indicated by checking 3
Area of satisfactory achievement is to be indicated by checking 2
Area needing improvement is to be indicated by checking 1
7. Does the performance appraisal system use raters who are able to actually observe ratee in work performance on a regular basis?
The Principal’s are evaluated by only the Superintendent without feedback from other Central Office Administrators. Wharton is a small district and the