Essay about The Guide Of European Convention On Human Rights
The guide of European Convention on Human Rights(ECHR), Human Right Act by Access to Justice(A2J) advice service
Introduction and history of European Convention on Human Rights
- The European Convention on Human Rights ' (Short form: ECHR) full name is the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms.
- ECHR Signed in Rome in 4th November, 1950 under the auspices of the Council of Europe. Entered into force in 3rd September, 1953[ Aisha Gani,‘What is the European convention on human rights?’(3rd October 2014)<http://www.theguardian.com/law/2014/oct/03/what-is-european-convention-on-human-rights-echr> accessed 24 December 2014 ].
- All the member states of the Council of Europe are the states parties of the Convention[ Parliamentary Assembly,‘RESOLUTION 1031 (1994) on the honouring of commitments entered into by member states when joining the Council of Europe’<http://assembly.coe.int/Documents/AdoptedText/ta94/eres1031.htm#1> accessed 3 January 2015].
- The ECHR is the first regional international human rights treaties.
Introduction and history of the Human Rights Act(1998) (Short form: HRA)
- United Kingdom was one of the founding member of the ECHR[ University of Leeds,‘The European Convention on Human Right’(October 1998)<http://www.leeds.ac.uk/law/hamlyn/echr.htm>accessed 24 December 2014]. However, the Convention was not applicable in UK domestic court before…