Statistics Chapter 12 Solutions Essay example
1. When testing for independence in a contingency table with 3 rows and 4 columns, there are ________ degrees of freedom. a) 5 b) 6 c) 7 d) 12
ANSWER: b TYPE: MC DIFFICULTY: Easy KEYWORDS: chi-square test of independence, degrees of freedom
2. If we use the [pic] method of analysis to test for the differences among 4 proportions, the degrees of freedom are equal to: a) 3. b) 4. c) 5. d) 1.
ANSWER: a TYPE: MC DIFFICULTY: Easy KEYWORDS: chi-square test for difference in proportions, degrees of freedom
3. If we wish to determine whether there is …show more content…
| |Male Celebrity |Female Celebrity |
|Identified product |41 |61 |
|Could not identify |109 |89 |
10. Referring to Table 12-2, which test would be used to properly analyze the data in this experiment? a) test for independence. b) test for difference between proportions. c) ANOVA F test for main treatment effect. d) test for goodness of fit.
ANSWER: a TYPE: MC DIFFICULTY: Moderate KEYWORDS: chi-square test of independence
11. Referring to Table 12-2, the calculated test statistic is a) -0.1006. b) 0.00. c) 5.9418. d) 6.1194. ANSWER: c TYPE: MC DIFFICULTY: Easy KEYWORDS: chi-square test of independence,