1) Sanctions imposed on a country, according to Sernau, hurt ___A_____.
A) the poor who are unable to get food, medical care, or other basic necessities
B) the rich elite of a country who can no longer buy luxuries
C) the government who loses legitimacy and capital
D) the businesses in the country who …show more content…
B) they are gaining more power than governments
C) they are almost all involved in violent terrorism
D) they are racist
13) Which city has served as the meeting point of what is considered the "East" and "West"?
A) Hong Kong
C) Sao Paulo
D) New York
14) The largest mass migration in human history is ________.
A) the movement of Africans to Europe and the United States
B) the mass movement of Latin Americans to North America
C) the mass movement of rural Chinese to urban China
D) the movement of smog across the Pacific Ocean
15) The growth of cities caused by people moving from rural areas to the city is called ________.
A) internal migration
C) rural collapse
16) The idea that regions need central areas for key functions to converge and these places tend to prosper represents what theoretical position?
A) Central Place Theory
B) Centrific Zone Theory